First of all, this piece will include a lot of information, so be prepared. Secondly, no marketing software is without some drawbacks. However, these two programs are well worth considering if you plan to make money as an online entrepreneur.
Read on to learn more about how these two services compare:
New Versus Old
ClickFunnels has been around for years. It’s creator Russell Brunson created this gem of a software service in 2014. His reputation as a marketing giant and the longevity of the service gives credence to the worth of ClickFunnels.
Conversely, Kartra created by Genesis Digital is a much newer player in the digital marketing field. However, its recent release has come with some upgrades so to speak in certain areas that have made it popular among marketing experts.
ClickFunnels Vs Kartra: What Do They Offer?
ClickFunnels: What They Provide
- Lead Capture Funnels: The lead capture funnel page from ClickFunnels allows you to grow your email list.
- Webinar Funnels: The webinar funnel comes in handy when you are coaching or hosting webinars for either a product or a service-based program. You can successfully promote and register for your webinars with ClickFunnels.
- Sales Page Funnels: The sales pages funnel is the feature that put ClickFunnels on the map so to speak. You can use these sales page funnels to upsell, downsell, sub-features, all helping you maximize your profits.
- Membership Sites: ClickFunnels makes creating membership sites easy. With such a feature, you can generate additional and recurring income.
- Online Courses: ClickFunnels allows you to sell and host online courses.
- Other: ClickFunnels also features conversion tracking, split-testing and provides free training for their services.
Kartra: What It Provides
- Customizable Marketing Pages: Kartra allows you to quickly build product pages, opt-in forms, sales pages and multistep sales funnels.
- Powerful Email Marketing: This marketing tool focuses on email. It includes drip campaigns, individual blasts, and autoresponders.
- Membership Sites: Kartra allows you to create memberships portals with different membership levels and subscription tiers. This gives you the ability to remain engaged with your customers.
- Flexible Shopping Carts: Kartra was originally founded as a shopping cart feature alone. While this service goes far beyond merely that feature now, it still boasts one of the best shopping carts you can find. You can downsell and upsell, allow for payment in installments or lump sums, incorporates coupons, subscriptions and has clear checkout pages.
- Sales-Driving Marketing Automation Sequences: Kartra also provides you with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop site builder. This gives you the ability to launch rich sequences that trigger appropriate communications towards your customers. You customers will even be led to take specific actions as they are guided seamlessly through your entire sales funnel.
- Other: Additional notable features of Kartra include inbuilt video hosting, an abundance of templates, 360-degree analytics, live chat, affiliate management, intelligent split testing.
Pricing: How Do They Compare
As an entrepreneur, you have to keep a close check on your bottom line. How much does any service or program cost is of paramount importance? Below we will compare and contrast Kartra and ClickFunnels with regard to pricing.
- ClickFunnels Startup: $97 per month. This is the startup plan offered by ClickFunnels. It comes complete with everything you need to construct a sales funnel. You can also access the webinar funnels, membership sites, opt-in funnels, shopping cart and email responders at this level. With the starting level, you can still build up to 100 pages and 20 sales funnels in addition to supporting up to 20,000 visitors per month.
- Etison Suite: $300 per month. You get everything listed above plus unlimited domains, funnels, pages, and traffic. You can also run affiliate programs within your funnels, while sending traffic to said funnels. $977 every six months. This is just another payment option for the Etison Suite. You also get additional training for using your sales funnel and have access to a funnel hack package when choosing this option. Free 14-day trial at the present time.
- Starter Plan: $89 per month.
- Silver Plan: $199 per month.
- Gold Plan: $299 per month.
- Platinum Plan: $499 per month.
- Just $1 for a 14-day trial. With this trial, you can access all the site has to offer.
The main difference between plans is the number of leads provided or offered at each level. The Platinum Plan offered by Karta, for example, provides up to 50,000 leads.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Each Software Option
- Easy to Use: You will find ClickFunnels is pretty easy-to-use. You can get your first sales funnel launched in around 10 minutes.
- Best Sales Page Builder in The Market: There isn’t a sales page builder that can beat ClickFunnels.
- Awesome Integration Abilities, Clean Sales and Landing Pages, OTO Templates: ClickFunnels is the best when it comes to integration and customization. The payment options provided by ClickFunnels is second to none.
- If perfection is necessary, you might get frustrated. You can sign up for the program and set up your platform pretty quickly, but it will take some coaching to learn the nuances of automation, integration and how the funnels can work for you. Therefore, it might take some time for you to get the most out of ClickFunnels.
- Limited Page Templates: ClickFunnels does feature tons of landing pages, pre-made sales pages, and order forms. However, they are limited somewhat. That means if you’re building numerous sites, you might start seeing similarities.
- You Can Have Creative Control: Kartra gives you some creative control over the design of your web pages. However, they still provide templates if working from a blank slate is overwhelming.
- Options Grow: The possibilities expand as you create pages on Kartra, giving you more and more options the more you explore the software.
- Gives you Everything You Need For Your Online Business: This software provides you with everything you need to operate your online business. You can create email automation, shopping carts, sales funnels and more. You can also respond instantly to your customers, a feature ClickFunnels does not provide.
- Lack of Longevity: One thing Kartra just can’t claim due to their age is longevity and a subsequent good reputation. This, of course, is vital to any SAAS based program. The main reason being the abundance of online tutorials you can find to help you navigate the software. While ClickFunnels has many thousands of such pages, with Kartra being as new as it is, you will be lucky to find ten tutorials outlining how to utilize the platform.
Therefore, the lack of longevity of Kartra hurts it in that respect.
To sum up, both ClickFunnels and Kartra are awesome software platforms. They are equally committed to helping entrepreneurs find success within their field. Pricing wise, they are similar as are their features. Therefore, choosing either one is likely a good investment in your business’s success. Of course, each has its drawbacks as well, as outlined above.
If we were to give one company an edge over the other, we would likely have to go with ClickFunnels as the winner. This is basically just because of founder Russell Branson’s reputation as a funnel guru and the company’s stellar reputation in the online marketing arena.
Aside from that, it is very close to a tie between these two software companies.
You can also test-drive Kartra here.