Launched in October of 2014 by Todd Dickerson and Russell Brunson, ClickFunnels has found astounding success after a few bumps in the road.
This self-funded software company designed to make the process of funnel making easier has helped turned many entrepreneurs into millionaires while improving the businesses of 150,000+ entrepreneurs.
This has all translated into 100s of millions of dollars in revenue gained for its members. Suffice it to say that the ClickFunnels software is legit.
However, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s ideal for you. To determine if ClickFunnels is worth trying, consider the following definitive look at all the program has to offer or take the 14-day trial here.
Let’s start at the beginning. Clickfunnels was designed to simplify sales funnels but it’s become a lot more. That said you need to understand the core components first.
What is a Sales Funnel?
Before delving deeper into what ClickFunnels has to offer, let’s first define what it means to create a sales funnel.
Basically, a sales funnel is a series of online steps that will turn your potential customers or site visitors into paying customers. When a funnel is properly designed, customers will be walked step-by-step, through the process of purchasing your products.
Now on to ClickFunnels and how it makes the magic happen for your business…
What ClickFunnels Does For You
As an online entrepreneur, you know it is challenging to get visitors to turn into paying customers.
ClickFunnels has designed its software to make the buying process as seamless as possible, leading to an increase in sales. The following are more specifics on what you can expect from their services:
- They give you the ability to set up funnel pages quickly. Interstitial pages, like those for cross-sells or up-sells, an opt-in page and even “thank you” pages are all examples of what you can expect.
- They give you email auto-responders, allowing you to lead nurture.
- ClickFunnels equips you to do A/B testing for every page that is an element of your funnel so you can see where and how customers are responding.
- They give you the ability to create a membership site where you can give customers access to your membership areas that you can then maintain after creation.
- They work with Paypal and Stripe, among others, giving your customers an ease of payment options for your services, memberships and/or products.
- They equip you to pay, manage and even recruit affiliates.
- They give you the analytics and metrics necessary to review your sales, conversions and overall funnel performance. This is in addition to the A/B testing mentioned above.
How Much Does It Cost?
As with everything in business, “cost” is a primary consideration.
However, as an entrepreneur, you understand that the adage, “you have to spend money to make money” is true.
ClickFunnels, as do all similar services like Kartra or Thrivecart, do require a monetary investment. If their service is valuable enough, though, then it is considered worth the investment in your business due to the revenue created.
It can also be worth it because it can replace other services for you like web hosting, email autoresponders like ConvertKit as well as other tools you most likely are paying for already.
The following is a look at the price associated with ClickFunnels services:
- $97 a month: This is the most basic ClickFunnels option. It is just the sales funnel builder tool and does not include a bulk of what is listed above.
- $300 a month: This price will get you what is called the Etison Suite or Full Suite. It includes what is listed above.
- $997 every 6 months: If you choose this option, you get the Etison Suite, plus get trained for sales funneling and get a funnel hack package.
- Free: Presently, ClickFunnels is offering a free 14-day trial of their service. This will allow you to try out all they have to offer before committing.
How ClickFunnels Compares/Differs to Other Similar Services
If there is one service with which ClickFunnels is most often compared it would be LeadPages as they are similar in what they offer. Read below to learn more about how they compare side-by-side.
Clickfunnels Vs LeadPages
- Both LeadPages and ClickFunnels are superior tools when it comes to creating sales funnels.
- Both are great for building landing pages.
- Both offer a monthly, no lock contract option as well as a yearly subscription option.
- Both offer digital asset delivery.
How Are ClickFunnels & LeadPages Different
- ClickFunnels allows you to guide complete sales (with merchant processing), while LeadPages only gives you the ability to gather leads.
- ClickFunnels integrates many payment processes including; Recurly, Stripe, Paypal, and NMI for digital payment ease, while LeadPages does not currently work with payment processors or take payments. This may change though.
- ClickFunnels offers flexibility by allowing you to custom build pages, while page customization is a bit difficult at LeadPages because it was just recently introduced.
- ClickFunnels gives you to the option of down selling and upselling for increased revenue, while LeadPages does not offer that option.
- ClickFunnels includes an affiliate management tool and an auto-responder service, while LeadPages does not offer that service so you would need something like ConvertKit.
- ClickFunnels provides you with advanced sales funnel analytics, while LeadPages conversion and page analytics are much more basic in nature.
- ClickFunnels, as you read above, begins at $97 and maxes out at $997 every 6 months and offers a free software trial. LeadPages does not offer a free trial. However, their cheapest package is $37 a month but is very basic pages and options. The max you can expect to pay for LeadPages services is $2,400 and does include a complete package, features, and training but it’s only available in yearly increments.
Conclusion: Which is Better ClickFunnels or LeadPages?
It really depends what you need, whether you would be better off using LeadPages or ClickFunnels. If you want to customize your pages, you want to be different, you need a payment processor and sales page, you will do better with ClickFunnels. However, LeadPages is great if you are okay with no direct payment integration options and are happy to choose a pre-made design for your site.
However, if you are considering that it might be best to just have something where you can go direct to cart like Thrivecart, which requires no monthly recurring charges with the current discounted lifetime membership option.
Putting ClickFunnels to Work For You
If you have decided ClickFunnels is the best software program for your entrepreneurial needs, you can expect the following when signing up for the 14-day trial service:
Step 1: First, you will pick your sales funnel. You will select the type of funnel that is scientifically designed to sell the type of product/service you offer. You want to sell a product, a service, want to be an author, what to sell to other businesses? That’s great, there is a funnel scientifically proven to get it done!
Step 2: You select your page design. No need to hire a designer. there is plenty to choose from.
Step 3: Modify or customize your pages. Customize your site, and then with a click of a button, your entire sales funnel will be ready to go in less than 10 seconds. Drop, drag and move the elements of your site around until you are 100% pleased with the look of your pages.
Conclusion: Is It Worth It?
It is important to note that ClickFunnels is not email marketing software. It also will not cover social media optimization or blog posts. However, you can in the span of 10 minutes, create for yourself what it would have taken a tech team weeks to complete with the proper utilization of this software.
ClickFunnels is first and foremost designed to help you create web pages that sell your products as well as you do. If you need this type of software, then yes, ClickFunnels is, of course, worth the investment.
After all, this software gives you everything you need to market, sell and deliver your products online, all from one convenient location. This allows you to turn your ideas and dreams into reality. Of course, some more tech-savvy entrepreneurs may not feel it’s worth the investment since they can do many of the tasks themselves. Therefore, the worth of such software is relative to your needs and abilities.
Resources & References:
[+] CF Pro Tools (easily enhance what ClickFunnels can do)